Job Vacancy: Environmental Project Engineer
Xi Engineering Consultants Ltd is a world class organisation which accelerates our clients’ product development and solves technical challenges. We work with across wide range of sectors including the design and development of robots, high-end audio, exploratory technologies, medical devices, renewable technologies, buildings and environmental engineering. We are proud to deliver quality work to our clients across the globe forming partnerships which last years.
Based in central Edinburgh, we live in CodeBase, the UK’s largest Tech incubator, home to more than 100 of the country’s best technology companies. It is a melting pot of ideas, technology, entrepreneurialism and drive.
Xi presents an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding company in a cutting edge environment. The individual we seek should be highly motivated, have excellent people skills and be capable of self-management. You will enjoy being a key part of our team while being individually responsible for delivering project work.
The successful candidate will be degree-level qualified in an Environmental Engineering subject. You will have excellent technical skills, be capable of producing concise, thoroughly researched and technically comprehensive reports and proposals. You will have excellent writing skills and display an attention to detail.
- Generation and review of Environmental Impact Assessments
- Generation and review of Environmental Statements
- Acquisition of measurement data such as vibration and acoustic information
- Signal processing and statistical analysis of data
- Validation of results using imperial data and industry standards
- Reporting to clients in meetings and through written technical reports
- Sound technical knowledge in Environmental Engineering
- Good written English and ability to write concise technical documents
- Familiarity with acoustics desirable
- Familiarity with water management and flood risk desirable
- Familiarity with numerical modelling desirable
- Genuine interest in Environmental Engineering is a must
- Ability to conduct field work in challenging environments
- Fast learner able to apply knowledge across a range of industrial sectors
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Environmental Engineering
- A full valid driver’s licence
- A valid passport and viable to work in the UK
Xi Engineering Consultants Offering
- Challenging engineering problems in designing state of the art solutions and environmental engineering challenges across a range of industries
- A chance to work across multiple technologies, industries and Countries
- Highly creative and qualified team of fellow engineers and mathematicians
- Career opportunity commensurate with personal success
- Friendly and interesting working environment in central Edinburgh
Please apply by [insert date] to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV