Job Vacancy: Business Development Engineer
Job Title: Business Development Engineer
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Location: Edinburgh, plus occasional travel as necessary
Summary of Position
We help our clients accelerate their research & development, solving complex engineering problems by applying our advanced multi-physics simulation and measurement techniques.
We work across multiple industries and are involved with a vast range of varied projects from wind turbines, marine energy, buildings, boats and a wide spectrum of challenging engineering problems. Our engineering consulting skills are relevant across a broad range of sectors which provides huge scope for developing potential sales leads.
As Business Development Engineer role your primarily role will be a combination of lead generation, market research, relationship building and proposal development.
This is an outward facing role which will involve interacting professionally with high volumes of people.
Working closely with the Xi team, you will be expected to identify new potential clients, connect with them and establish what type of relationship they may have with Xi.
Your role will involve
- Consistent and regular lead generation through calls, meetings, attendance and follow up of conferences and marketing activities
- Help to establish account management best practice
- Proposal Development
- Analysis of Business Development activities through use of our CRM
- Identification of new market opportunities and development of market share in established areas
- Participate in market development activity,
- identify promising business opportunities,
- communicate Xi’s offering to these potential clients, and
- arrange meetings with our technical team in order to develop proposals
- You will work alongside the team in promoting the company and ensuring the appropriate technical team get to meet potential clients during the sales process. You will be aided by our marketing manager to develop early stage leads and release key communications. You will assist on closing deals, again working with the Xi team.
- You will be an ambitious, hardworking, professional and confident individual capable of understanding and articulating the fundamentals of the engineering process Xi employ on client projects. You will have an eye for detail and enjoy working in a team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Whilst not a comprehensive list, you will be required to:
- Review and maintain leads in CRM system
- Contact potential clients to ensure they are aware of our capabilities
- Managed structured communications with clients and potential clients
- Arrange meetings with Xi technical team and potential clients once meeting criteria have been met
- Ensure client expectations met and proposal submission deadlines are met
- Monitor and review tenders from our registered tender sites – (fpal, achilies, Scottish Government, tendersdirect), Assign relevant tenders to technical team and project manage submission
- Identify appropriate conferences, exhibitions etc where Xi should attend and present
- Identify and develop relationship with relevant collaborative partners
- Carry out KPI activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting workload demands
- Work with a consistent and measured approach
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Physics related subject
- Excellent writing skills: ‘A’ level or Higher English
If you feel you match the above criteria and the role sounds of interest, then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org