Understanding how noise may impact the surrounding environment is a key element to the development and approval of many projects. A new road layout or railway, a construction site or wind farm development are all cases where predicting the noise is likely to be a key requirement of an Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIA).
To help resolve these questions, and plan mitigation where necessary, Xi Engineering use NoiseMap, which combines noise sources and environmental factors to produce acoustic maps, which can then be used within Environmental Impact Assessment reports. Sectors where the use of NoiseMap can add value include renewable energy, highway infrastructure, road and rail, construction and demolition noise. Xi have extensive experience in the prediction, measurement, calculation, appraisal assessment and mitigation of noise and vibration and the team’s holistic approach underpins client satisfaction.
Xi’s specialists are also experienced in assessment methodology and guidance, including:
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), at all stages
- Transport analysis guidance (WebTAG)
- Planning in the context of residential developments
- Demolition and Construction assessments with regards to BS 5228: 2009 “Code of Practice for Noise and Vibration Control on Construction and Open Sites” parts 1 and 2, “Noise” and “Vibration”
- Windfarm Assessments to ETSU-97 (IOA Good Practice Guide)
- BS 8233 assessments relating to Sound Insulation and noise reduction in buildings
- School assessments in accordance with BB93