Job Vacancy : Business Development Engineer
Due to exciting new projects, we are growing the team! We are looking for a Business Development Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team.
Are you excited by cutting edge technology, a wide variety of projects & clients and want to see the latest advances in engineering make it into the real world? We are looking for a commercially minded engineer or scientist who is process driven with a good understanding of project management to maintain, improve and grow the business development function within Xi.
About the role
This is a client-facing role where you will identify new potential projects, follow up with new connections, help clients to shape their project by learning about their technology and work alongside our engineers to develop and ultimately deliver cost-effective and technically excellent work. You will help to grow the company by seeking out new projects and partners, nurturing our existing client relationships and supporting the team to carry out their sales tasks and cultivate their own client relationships.
Systems and support
Using Salesforce and as your primary tool (alongside other cloud-based solutions), and with support and guidance from the Board, you will monitor and maintain sales activities across the team. Building on existing systems, you will develop and help to form improved reports, systems and processes. You will help to manage customer satisfaction by carrying out Post Project Reviews.
You are both technically and commercially minded, have excellent interpersonal skills and are keen to pursue new contacts, maintain existing relationships and revive dormant connections through the diligent documentation of interactions while keeping an overall view of the whole function, we would encourage you to apply.
Based in CodeBase (Scotland’s largest tech hub), we are currently working flexibly and remotely, you will be responsible for the growth, improvement and maintenance of Xi’s Business Development function as described below. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers who do real-world measurements and virtual prototyping to help our clients overcome their challenges and get to market quicker by merging the real world with the virtual.
Working at Xi
You will receive support from the Xi team, however, the expectation is that the right candidate will bring their proven track record in business development and experience of technology/engineering to the role and can demonstrate how they can deliver to the outcomes listed above.
Depending on the experience we are open to a range of working hours and remuneration, the role is expected to be full time, we offer flexible working. Salary will be competitive.
*Please note, your application will not be considered if you do not include a covering letter, email or message*
- New sales, Lead generation & sources for new business
- Promoting and making first potential client contacts & qualification of leads
- Networking/events/conferences and coordinating follow up across Xi
- Market research for specific target sectors/industries as directed by the Board
- Coordinate with marketing function where appropriate, assist with campaigns
- Monitor tender opportunities
- Existing sales, proposal development, lead qualification and follow up
- Work with the technical team to draft, commercially challenge, and review proposals
- Assist proposal owners to plan and manage opportunities with a view to closing sales
- Manage and accurately document proposals, communications and plan next steps
- Liaise with technical team for resource allocation and technical requirements
- Account & client-management, existing client outreach
- Create and monitor client plans
- Schedule regular client catch-ups
- Post project reviews
- Sales function & systems: Coordinate and monitor Sales Tasks across Xi
- Ensure accurate data entry and process flow through Salesforce
- Update and interpret sales reports for task allocation and financial forecasting
- Produce accurate and up to date sales pipeline weekly: Review and monitor pipeline process, the progress of leads, sales meetings and proposals
- Prepare and review proposals
- Working with Xi team to ensure the right individuals are allocated to potential clients
- Manage sales to technical team handover: enter project elements into systems, assist with project scheduling and document interactions up to project kick-off
- Internal meetings with engineers to manage pipeline progression
- Report weekly to the team and Board
Skills & Experience
- Engineering or Science Background
- Process Driven: CRM (Salesforce) systems and reporting
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – this role requires some outreach work
- Commercial experience, proposal drafting, costing calculations
- Understanding of Project Management and resource allocation
- Analytical and research skills & Trend Analysis
- Customer Satisfaction
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint in particular)
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- A valid passport and right to work in the UK, A full valid driver’s license
Please apply by 5 PM 20th October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV. For more information please contact Rebecca Horton, Operations Director